- TTD has conducted 2 of their scheduled 4 virtual town hall meetings intended to gather public input on their proposed transportation hub to be located at the Old Incline Elementary School site. The virtual town hall meetings were capped at 100 attendees. With over 200 requested participants for the first meeting, this restriction caused confusion and frustration. Additionally, instead of being interactive community input meetings, they have been formal presentations with selected questions being answered. While there was a commitment to post all questions submitted with answers, none have been posted as of the writing of this newsletter. In response to a community member, TTD has agreed to take public comment at a meeting being scheduled for March 5th from 3-5 pm. Details of how to participate will be provided in an upcoming newsletter.
- A community member has created a change.org petition in opposition of this site being purchased and used as a transit hub. Should you want to sign her petition, you can access it here. The petition references a proposed new cell tower. We investigated and have determined this site is no longer being considered for a tower. Please disregard that comment in the petition. Just recently, TTD produced their own change.org petition in support of their purchase of the Old Elementary School property to be used as a transit hub. Their petition may be accessed here.
- Another committed community member brought to our attention that the location of this proposed hub is not in compliance with TRPA’s Transportation Master Plan where it states mobility hubs are to be located “in residential areas where housing density is low.” The plan also includes a water taxi into the Incline Village beach areas. IVGID GM Winquest has clarified to TRPA that our beaches are not pubic, but instead have restricted access. Click here to view the complete plan. Pages 118 and 119 provide details of the plans relative to our community.
- TTD’s website highlighting the plan may be viewed here.
- To avoid the loss of Federal Funds, TTD needs to complete the real estate transaction by the end of the fiscal year which may be June 30th.
TTD Virtual Town Halls
Get notified when a new post is published on a specific topic.
Enter your email and select what topics you'd like to be notified about. You may also select all topics. This is not the newsletter. If you want to subscribe to the newsletter, please click subscribe in the menu at the top of the page.