Washoe County has provided an online STR complaint form you can use in addition to or instead of calling the Host Compliance hotline number which is 775 277-6701. Using the online form will require that you give your name. Only by using the hotline can you remain anonymous. Please document your complaint for your record.
Become familiar with the rules and restrictions of the problem property. Understand the smoking rules, occupancy limits, and other requirements by viewing the property listing on-line. It is acceptable to take photos and/or video from your property which may be helpful in reporting the problem. Another option is to call the rental company. As an example, many do not permit smoking on their rental properties and will assist when the rules are being violated.
To submit a non-time critical complaint to Washoe County, click here to access the form.
If you choose to call instead of using the form, you’ll be asked to indicate the type of issue:
- Unauthorized STR
- Violation of occupancy limits
- Loud party
- General noise issues
- Disturbances or trespassing issues
- Parking-related issues
- Trash-related issues
- Advertising violation
- Fraudulent owner occupation
- Other types of nuisances
Other Contact Numbers for STR Problems/Concerns
For Emergencies: Dial 911
- Washoe County Sheriff Office Deputies respond to noise and parking complaints (775 832-4107)
- IVGID/Waste Management responds to trash complaints (775 831-2971)
- North Lake Tahoe Fire Protection District responds to fire and safety hazards (775 831-0351)